Learning & Development
ASTRA provides a comprehensive range of training and related services that can be tailored to a specific industry sector or client requirement.
Formal and informal workplace learning is taking on an increasingly important role in the strategy of today’s organisations. ASTRA’s learning solutions are contextualised to each organisation’s unique requirements. We work collaboratively with the client to ensure alignment between the organisation’s workforce capabilities and greater strategic needs and ensure the delivery of a measurable outcome.
We offer a comprehensive range of Business Solutions that include:
- The development and delivery of accredited and client contextualised training and assessment;
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and gap analysis;
- The development of learning management strategies and systems;
- The development of coaching & mentoring programs; and
- Training partnerships & off site records management.
National Provider Number: #31544
ASTRA has a comprehensive scope of registration for nationally recognised qualifications and accredited short courses as well as developing client specific courses to meet targeted needs. The delivery mode of courses varies, depending on the requirements of industry and the nature of skills and knowledge to be developed. The nationally accredited training packages include:
- RII09 Resources and Infrastructure,
- BSB07 Business Services,
- TAE10 Training and Education
- HLT07 Health,
- PUA04 Public Safety, and
- MSA07 Manufacturing.
Some of the key programs include:
ASTRA Group Services General Mining Induction Program (aligned with Recognised Standard 11):
- ASTRA’s General Mining Induction will provide you with a broad overview of what it is like to work on a coal mine site. Using a scenario portraying “A day in the life of a Coal Mine Worker”, you will learn how to work safely and in accordance with its standards, plans, policies and standard operating procedures, and clearly understand your own obligations as a Coal Mine Worker. Click here for more information.
Site Safety Supervisors Program (S123 Course) Program:
- The S123 Course is relevant to supervisors who work in the mining industry. This Program covers the skills and knowledge required to apply risk management processes, the conduct of safety and health investigations, and communicate information. Click here for more information.
Carryout Risk Management Processes Program (G2 Course) Program:
- The G2 Course is relevant to mine site managers who work in the mining industry. This Program covers the skills and knowledge required to implement and apply risk management processes. Click here for more information.
Establish and maintain risk management systems (G3 Course) Program :
- The G3 Course is relevant to Site Senior Executives who work in the mining industry. It covers the skills and knowledge required to establish and maintain the risk management systems. Click here for more information.
Establish and maintain OHS management systems (G7 Course) Program:
- The G7 Course is relevant to Site Senior positions who work in the mining industry. It covers the skills and knowledge required to establish and maintain the OHS management system. Click here for more information
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110):
- This qualification reflects the roles of individuals delivering training and assessment services in the vocational education and training (VET) sector. It covers the skills and knowledge for the delivery of training and assessment in a workplace context. Click here for more information.