Fitness For Work
Discerning employers are now recognising that their legal and moral obligations extend beyond work hours. Avoiding the serious consequences from fitness for work related issues is vital to the functioning of every business.
Meeting the minimum legislative requirements simply isn’t enough when striving for an injury and fatality free workplace.
ASTRA Group Services delivers Australia’s first nationally accredited Course in Fitness for Work (30855QLD) and can manage or provide onsite/offsite client customised and tailored programs. This ground-breaking program focusses on the safety benefits that can be achieved from having a workforce that is both prepared and aware of their obligation to their own personal fitness for work, and the impact this will have on their own safety and that of others.
- 30855QLD – Course in fitness for work;
- Alcohol management / awareness training;
- Fatigue risk management / awareness training;
- Drugs and medication management / awareness training;
- Physical and / or psychological impairment management / awareness training;
- Specific procedural organisation training; and
- Accredited Drug & Alcohol Tester training.
As part of the Fitness for Work Course, ASTRA can assist your organisation in:
- Working with employees to identify issues that may result from fatigue, the impacts of misuse or excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs & medications, both on and off-site;
- Safety issues that can occur from psychological and physical impairment;
- Develop site specific FFW related Policies, Standards, Procedures, support documents and processes;
- Instruct Supervisors on identifying how to identify their staff’s Fitness For Work;
- Integrating Fitness For Work into any existing induction or associated training programs;
- FFW training with a nationally recognised unit of competency; and
- Workshop facilitation to move your company and employee relations forward to successful implementation of a robust FFW strategy.
Click here for more information on our Fitness for Work Business Solutions
Click here for more information on our Fitness for Work Nationally Accredited Training program.
Click here to read Queensland Guidance Note 16 – Fatigue Risk Management