Implementing a proactive and robust audit program is an essential business mechanism to measure and monitor the effectiveness of risk control strategies and management system implementation. While the audit process may be seen to be “driven” by any or all of legislation, existing organisational policies or a client requirement, it also supports the senior management obligation to apply a reasonable level of due care and diligence in reviewing the effectiveness of the management system.
The audit process underpins an organisation’s improvement cycle when applied in conjunction with other business functions. Audits are positive events, providing an opportunity to identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvements and business system failures that may not otherwise have been recognised by an organisation. The audit is also invaluable in providing evidence and data to assist with forward planning, resource allocation, and corporate strategy.
With an in-house capability of qualified auditors, up to and including RABQSA Business Improvement, ASTRA has the capability to assist in the development and application of a comprehensive audit program.
ASTRA has previously facilitated audit programs relevant to:
- Legislative compliance in the coal, quarrying, and metalliferous mining industries (Qld, NSW, WA & SA);
- Legislative compliance in the construction and manufacturing industries (Qld, NSW & WA);
- Office of Federal Safety Commission;
- Qld Pre Qualification of Contractor (PQC) program ;
- Qld Enforceable Undertaking program;
- Safe Guards;
- Security Management Systems and Asset Protection;
- Fire & Emergency Response Preparedness;
- AS/NZS 4801;
- AS/NZS ISO 14000;
- Plant and machinery guarding;
- Hazardous Substance; and
- Training System effectiveness.